Business News - The Last 24 HoursBusiest day for earnings, GDP and more coming in the next week
CNBC - 58 min 52 sec ago
Earnings, data and Fedspeak could help add to a picture of moderate growth and an end to the earnings recession.
- Reuters - N.Y. Fed lowers U.S. third and fourth quarter GDP outlook - 6 hours 15 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - China: Good GDP And CPI Data - 18 hours 59 min ago
Samsung placing product images in Youku videos, targeting Chinese viewers
Reuters - 1 hour 6 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Advertising technology company Mirriad says it is working with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and China's video site Youku to market Samsung products to Chinese viewers who are gravitating toward streaming video content.
- China Daily - Samsung's loss from discontinuing Galaxy Note 7 estimated at $6.2b - 10 hours 49 min ago
- BBC - Samsung 'blocks' exploding Note 7 parody videos - 16 hours 32 min ago
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff: I love Twitter, but shareholders didn't want to buy it
CNBC - 1 hour 46 min ago
We had to walk away from Twitter because shareholders didn't want us to buy it, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff told CNBC.
- CNN - Popular sites like Amazon, Twitter and Netflix suffer outages - 7 hours 57 min ago
- Reuters - No partner in sight, Twitter faces tough solo choices - 16 hours 36 min ago
- Zacks - Twitter Stock Soaring on SoftBank Takeover Chatter - 50 min 52 sec ago
- SCMP - Cyber attacks disrupt Twitter, Spotify and other sites on US East Coast - 4 hours 1 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Fixing Twitter - 6 hours 35 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - TWTR Stock: Top Bidders Dropped Twitter Pursuit Partly Over This Concern - 9 hours 18 min ago
- TechCrunch - Many sites including Twitter, Shopify and Spotify suffering outage - 9 hours 18 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Twitter is facing some tough choices to stay afloat - 14 hours 38 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - #TrumpBookReport Inspires the Twittersphere - 20 hours 17 min ago
- Reuters Video - Twitter's conundrum: Crucial to campaigns, toxic to buyers - 12 hours 3 min ago
Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy'
CNN - 2 hours 18 min ago
Facebook is taking steps to avoid a repeat of last month's Napalm Girl controversy, while potentially opening itself up to a new headache.
- CNN - Facebook doubles down on its strategy for Live - 2 hours 52 min ago
- CNBC - We tried to buy Facebook for just $24 billion, says ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer - 4 hours 42 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Facebook employees wanted to block Donald Trump for hate speech, but Mark Zuckerberg said no (FB) - 2 hours 26 min ago
- TechCrunch - Watch all the quirky new commercials for Facebook Live - 3 hours 2 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Facebook: Stock Price Isnt Everything - 5 hours 59 min ago
- Zacks - Wingstop, Etsy, eBay and Facebook highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day - 8 hours 19 min ago
Dueling Missouri tobacco tax initiatives causing confusion
Indiatimes - 3 hours 10 min ago
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri voters are facing the confusing prospect of two separate proposals on the same ballot that would increase the state's lowest-in-the-nation tobacco tax by different amounts.
- Indiatimes - HC slams taxman for holding back Group M refunds 'without' reason - 16 hours 10 min ago
- China Daily - China's tax revenue up 7% in nine months - 20 hours 19 min ago
- Zacks - Franklin CA Tax-Free Income Advisor Fund (FCAVX) in Focus - 8 hours 10 min ago
Fund managers focus on Prime memberships to gauge Amazon rally
Reuters - 3 hours 23 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The strength of Amazon.com Inc's nearly 75 percent rally since February may depend on how many more brown cardboard boxes end up on the doorsteps of U.S. consumers this fall.
- Wall Street Pit - Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Gen) A More Portable & Affordable Echo (AMZN) - 7 hours 49 min ago
- Kiplinger - 3 Tricks to Save Money on Amazon.com - 17 hours 49 min ago
Famed energy trader Mark Fisher says buy any dip in crude oil and natural gas
CNBC - 3 hours 42 min ago
Renowned energy trader Mark Fisher forecasts oil prices will establish a base at $55 to $65 a barrel and natural gas futures can crack $4.
- Reuters - Oil prices stable as strong dollar weighs, tighter market looms - 20 hours 42 min ago
- CNBC - Asia markets set to open mixed after oil prices fall - 22 hours 24 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - The Week Environmentalists Helped the Saudis Raise Oil Prices - 4 hours 1 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Halliburton Company: First Benefactor Of Recovering Oil Prices - 7 hours 54 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Oil prices could hit $90 sooner than you think - 20 hours 49 min ago
Barry Diller: I don't think a deal with AT&T helps Time Warner
CNBC - 4 hours 2 min ago
Amid news that telecom giant AT&T is in advanced talks to buy Time Warner, one media heavyweight said it would not be a decision he would make if he were AT&T.
- New York Times - AT&T Is Said to Be in Advanced Merger Talks With Time Warner - 4 hours 11 min ago
- Indiatimes - AT&T in advanced talks to buy Time Warner: WSJ - 4 hours 26 min ago
- BBC - Time Warner shares jump on AT&T bid rumour - 5 hours 40 min ago
- CNN - Report: AT&T in talks to buy Time Warner - 5 hours 57 min ago
- Reuters - AT&T in advanced talks to buy Time Warner: WSJ - 6 hours 37 min ago
- CNBC - AT&T and Time Warner have engaged in talks: Sources - 6 hours 44 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - AT&T-Time Warner Tie-Up; Our Internet Was Hacked?; Nintendo's New Console -- Eye On Tech - 33 min 1 sec ago
- NY Post - AT&T boss would roll regulatory dice with Time Warner deal - 2 hours 11 min ago
- Zacks - Here's Why Time Warner (TWX) Stock Is Soaring Today - 4 hours 5 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Time Warner is skyrocketing after reports that AT&T is closing in on a takeover (TWX, T, AAPL, GOOGL) - 5 hours 38 min ago
- TechCrunch - AT&T said to be “in advanced talks” to purchase Time Warner - 5 hours 44 min ago
- CNN Video - Is AT&T acquiring Time Warner? - 1 hour 20 min ago
Dick's wins auction for US business of bankrupt Golfsmith -source
CNBC - 4 hours 7 min ago
Dick's Sporting Goods won a bankruptcy auction on Friday for the U.S. business of Golfsmith International Holdings.
- Reuters - Exclusive: Dick's wins auction for U.S. business of bankrupt Golfsmith - sources - 5 hours 47 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Following Hanjin Shipping's Bankruptcy, Could This Container Shipping Company Be Next? - 7 hours 54 min ago
The EU's signature free trade deal is on life support
CNN - 4 hours 8 min ago
A huge free trade deal between Europe and Canada is on the brink of collapse.
- BBC - Belgium-Canada Ceta trade dispute bedevils EU summit - 13 hours 17 min ago
- CNBC - A region of Belgium is threatening an entire trade deal between Canada and the EU - 15 hours 16 min ago
- China Daily - Chinese official proposes free trade area for SCO members - 17 hours 49 min ago
Wall Street Journal seeks 'substantial number' of buyouts
CNN - 4 hours 26 min ago
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a "substantial number" of buyouts in an effort to "limit" layoffs, the newspaper's editor-in-chief Gerard Baker said Friday.
- CNBC - Wall Street vets left 6-figure jobs to launch an app that makes investing easy - 6 hours 52 sec ago
- WSJ Blogs - Wall Street Reacts as Microsoft Shares Reach All-Time High - 2 hours 15 min ago
- BusinessInsider - What you need to know on Wall Street right now - 4 hours 15 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Wall Street Breakfast: BAT Bids $47B To Buy Out Reynolds American - 10 hours 50 min ago
Honeywell cut 3,017 jobs in third quarter
Reuters - 5 hours 8 min ago
(Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc said on Friday it had cut 3,017 positions across all its businesses in the third quarter, mainly related to the separation of its automation and control solutions business into two new reporting segments.
- CNBC - Honeywell beats analysts' estimates on earnings and revenue - 9 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Honeywell International's (HON) CEO Dave Cote on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 2 hours 45 min ago
- Zacks - Honeywell (HON) Beats on Earnings in Q3, Tweaks Guidance - 6 hours 59 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Honeywell Earnings Buoyed by Promises of 2017 Improvement - 10 hours 14 min ago
Microsoft stocks hits a new all-time high. Here's why
CNN - 5 hours 16 min ago
The boom times are officially back for Microsoft.
- CNBC - Microsoft shares hit all-time high after earnings beat - 8 hours 18 min ago
- CNN - Cigarette consolidation; Microsoft rockets higher; Deutsche rebounds - 12 hours 35 min ago
- BBC - Microsoft shares at new high as cloud focus pays off - 20 hours 57 min ago
- New York Times - Microsoft Shares Hit a High With Promise of the Cloud’s Profit Margins - 21 hours 55 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Microsoft Stock at Record High - Facts and Figures - 38 min 4 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Steve Ballmer didn't want Microsoft to buy Salesforce: 'Never, ever, ever' - 2 hours 14 min ago
- Zacks - Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Soars to New All-Time High - 3 hours 40 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Market Challenge: Microsoft After Earnings - 7 hours 23 min ago
- NY Post - Microsoft’s stock just had its biggest day ever - 18 hours 54 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - MSFT Stock: Microsoft’s Cloud Bet Pays Off With Solid Earnings - 22 hours 49 min ago
Cramer: Microsoft is 'on fire' thanks to CEO Satya Nadella
CNBC - 5 hours 56 min ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer praised Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Friday after the company hit an all-time high following an earnings beat on Thursday afternoon.
- Indiatimes - HCL Tech CEO Anant Gupta quits, C Vijayakumar to succeed - 18 hours 47 min ago
- China Daily - Apple CEO commends China app contest winner - 22 hours 49 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - What Your CEO Is Reading: F-Bombing the Glass Ceiling; Silicon Valley's 'Conscience'; The Anti-Helicopter Parent - 5 min 27 sec ago
- Seeking Alpha - TomTom's (TMOAF) CEO Harold Goddijn on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 26 min 36 sec ago
- BusinessInsider - Time Out's CEO says its $1.9 million YPlan acquisition is all about selling happiness (TMO) - 5 hours 3 min ago
- TechCrunch - XYZPrinting’s CEO still believes in 3D-printing ubiquity - 23 hours 18 min ago
Theresa May calls for give and take in Brexit talks
Indiatimes - 6 hours 42 min ago
I recognise the scale of the challenge ahead, I am sure there will be difficult moments, Brexit will require some give and take, said Theresa May.
- CNBC - World Markets Live: UK told to expect tough negotiations on Brexit - 17 hours 5 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - WSJ City's Brexit Briefing: Is BAT a Sign of Deals to Come? May Wants to 'Trade Freely' With EU - 1 hour 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The EU's chief negotiator wants Brexit talks to be in French - 9 hours 47 min ago
- Reuters Video - Brexit, Russia: tough talk at EU summit - 5 hours 18 min ago
Tesla may enter ride ride-hailing business next year
AP - 6 hours 49 min ago
DETROIT (AP) -- Electric car maker Tesla Motors has plans to get into the ride-hailing and sharing businesses....
- Seeking Alpha - Concerns About Product Efficiency, R&D Expenses Prevent Tesla From Shifting Into High Gear - 5 hours 12 min ago
- MarketWatch Video - Tesla to Equip All Vehicles With Fully Self-Driving System - 23 hours 33 min ago
- WSJ Video - Tesla to Equip All Vehicles With Fully Self-Driving System - 23 hours 33 min ago
McYeah! Big comeback for McDonald's continues
CNN - 7 hours 10 min ago
Customers are lovin' it at McDonald's again -- and so are investors. The fast food giant reported revenue and profits for the third quarter that topped forecasts. Shares of McDonald's rose nearly 3% Friday on the news.
- BBC - McDonald's sales rise despite South China Sea protests - 7 hours 46 min ago
- AP - McDonald's sales rise 1.3 percent at US stores - 8 hours 49 min ago
- New York Times - McDonald's Sales Beat Estimates as Turnaround Gathers Pace - 9 hours 16 min ago
- Reuters - McDonald's sales beat estimates as turnaround gathers pace - 9 hours 16 min ago
- CNBC - McDonald's shares pop as investors cheer third-quarter beat - 9 hours 59 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Sell McDonald's - This '3-Trick Pony' Has Been Beaten To Death - 1 hour 5 min ago
- Zacks - McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q3 Earnings on Solid Comps Growth - 6 hours 57 min ago
- BusinessInsider - McDonald's is still killing it because of all-day breakfast (MCD) - 9 hours 41 min ago
Daimler Says Expects Fourth Quarter Autos Profitability to Rise Significantly
New York Times - 8 hours 31 min ago
Daimler Chief Financial Officer Bodo Uebber said the profitability of the Mercedes-Benz Cars division will rise significantly in the fourth quarter compared with a year-earlier period, thanks to a raft of new luxury car models.
- Indiatimes - E-Class sedan, SUVs boost earnings at Germany's Daimler - 14 hours 28 min ago
- AP - E-Class sedan, SUVs boost earnings at Germany's Daimler - 15 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Daimler's (DDAIF) Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 29 min 31 sec ago
Canadian aerospace giant Bombardier to cut 7,500 jobs
Indiatimes - 8 hours 41 min ago
Quebec came to the rescue of Bombardier last year, giving it $2.5 billion for a 49.5% stake in its C Series plane programme and 30% of its rail unit.
- CNN - Bombardier announces another round of steep job cuts - 10 hours 24 min ago
- BBC - Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs across its global operations - 11 hours 28 min ago
- Indiatimes - Bombardier to cut 7,500 jobs through 2018 - 11 hours 50 min ago
- CNBC - Bombardier to cut one in ten of its global workforce - 12 hours 8 min ago
- Reuters - Bombardier to cut 7,500 jobs through 2018 - 12 hours 17 min ago
- New York Times - Bombardier to Cut 7,500 Jobs Through 2018 - 12 hours 25 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - UTC’s Role in Bombardier’s Decision to Shed 14,500 Jobs - 6 hours 29 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Bombardier is cutting 7,500 jobs through 2018 - 12 hours 9 min ago
Indian bank authorities say 3.2 million debit cards hacked
AP - 9 hours 49 min ago
NEW DELHI (AP) -- Indian banks scrambled Friday to contain the damage after finding that more than 3.2 million debit cards may have been hacked....
- Indiatimes - Debit card breach puts a big question mark on PM Modi's quest to go cashless - 11 hours 16 min ago
- BBC - Millions of Indian debit cards 'compromised' in security breach - 14 hours 9 min ago
GE profit up but revenue forecast trimmed amid sluggish economy
Reuters - 10 hours 40 min ago
(Reuters) - General Electric Co reported a 6.7 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday, helped by strength in its power and renewable energy businesses.
- WSJ Blogs - General Electric Boosts Buybacks as GE Capital Dividend Rises - 7 min 13 sec ago
- Zacks - GE Beats Q3 Earnings, Misses Revenues; 2016 View Narrowed - 7 hours 21 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Why GE Earnings Miss the Mark - 8 hours 29 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - GE Earnings Preview - 16 hours 25 min ago
- Reuters Video - GE beats on profit but cuts guidance - 6 hours 57 min ago
Leading Chinese entrepreneurs to meet Trudeau in Canada
China Daily - 10 hours 49 min ago
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will greet a delegation of leading Chinese entrepreneurs in the coming week in Canada, after meeting them six weeks ago in Beijing. A China Entrepreneur Club (CEC) delegation will embark on an eight-day journey to Canada from October 16 to 23. This is the 9th ...
- Indiatimes - 'India, China discord among issues that could capsize BRICS' - 12 hours 6 min ago
- China Daily - Q3 results bolster China's economic transition - 17 hours 49 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's what China has to do to avoid a financial crisis - 16 hours 43 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Donald Trump's Misleading Comparison of the U.S. and Chinese Economies - 22 hours 44 min ago
British talks with Nissan ongoing over future investment: PM's spokesman
Reuters - 11 hours 13 min ago
LONDON (Reuters) - Talks between the British government and Nissan are ongoing over a future investment from the Japanese carmaker into its plant in Sunderland, northeast England, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday.
- Reuters - Nissan says no plans to raise Mitsubishi Motors stake now, may in future - 12 hours 21 min ago
- BBC - Nissan to make Sunderland Qashqai decision 'next month' - 12 hours 35 min ago
- CNBC - Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn plans deep dive to repair Mitsubishi Motors' image - 21 hours 16 min ago
- China Daily - Nissan agrees to Mitsubishi stake deal - 21 hours 19 min ago
- SCMP - Ghosn to share Nissan CEO duties after buying Mitsubishi stake - 12 hours 46 min ago
Crucial that G20 turns pledges into actions: Ex-IMF president
China Daily - 13 hours 19 min ago
Former IMF chief and former president of the Federal Republic of Germany Horst Köhler speaks at the Zheshang-Caijing International Forum on Oct 14, 2016. [Photo/chinadaily.com.cn] G20 members are expected to continue their efforts to implement structural reforms and "put words ...
- CNBC - IMF allegedly tried to block its own watchdog from investigating amid internal struggles - 15 hours 59 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The IMF Should Have Been Mothballed Long Ago and Put in a Museum - 5 hours 51 min ago
Tesla bans use of self-driving cars to make money with Uber or Lyft as it hints at rival app
CNBC - 14 hours 16 min ago
Tesla said that anyone ordering a car capable of completely autonomous driving cannot make money from ride hailing services.
- Indiatimes - Tesla says it will roll out Uber-style ride services program - 19 hours 19 min ago
- Time Business - Here’s How Tesla Is About to Take On Uber - 7 hours 28 min ago
- NY Post - Uber may regret decision to sell China operations to local rival - 19 hours 25 min ago
Airbus to send 1st A350 to China
China Daily - 17 hours 49 min ago
Visitors walk past an Airbus A350 on display at the Singapore Airshow. [Photo/Reuters] European aircraft manufacturer Airbus Group SE said it expects to deliver its first A350 to Chinese airlines in the second half of next year and is bullish about the country's demand for wide ...
- CNN - Airbus offers a peek at its flying taxi - 23 hours 1 min ago
Alibaba again China's most admired companies: Fortune
China Daily - 17 hours 49 min ago
Alibaba's Executive Chairman Jack Ma delivers a speech at an investor conference at the company's headquarters in Hangzhou, east China's Zhejiang province, June 14, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua] E-commerce giant Alibaba Group has topped Fortune magazine's annual ranking of the China's 5 ...
- China Daily - Alibaba takes Singles' Day to global buyers, sellers - 22 hours 19 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Alibaba and JD.com are gearing up for Singles' Day (BABA, JD) - 6 hours 13 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Alibaba, Suning In JV; Wal-Mart Ties Grow With JD.com - 14 hours 38 min ago
Wal-Mart to invest $50 million in China online grocer New Dada
Reuters - 19 hours 34 min ago
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc will invest $50 million in Chinese online grocery and delivery firm New Dada, the U.S. retailer said on Friday, extending its tie-ups with local online players to help boost sales in the world's second-largest economy.
- AP - Wal-Mart, JD.com offer more choices ahead of Singles Day - 22 hours 49 min ago
- Zacks - Wal-Mart to Invest in China's Grocery Platform New Dada - 8 hours 50 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AT&T, Chesapeake, Lululemon, Microsoft, PayPal, Wal-Mart, Yahoo and More - 8 hours 53 min ago
Dollar near seven-month high as euro slides, Asia slips on weaker oil
Reuters - 20 hours 48 min ago
TOKYO (Reuters) - Asian stocks slipped on Friday with a fall in crude oil prices dampening investor risk sentiment, while the dollar hovered near a seven-month high against an index of peers.
Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
CNN - 22 hours 15 sec ago
The defective Takata air bag inflator -- found in nearly every major car brand -- has claimed yet another victim, according to federal regulators.
- New York Times - U.S. Confirms 11th Death Linked to Faulty Takata Air Bag Inflater - 22 hours 13 min ago
- AP - US confirms 11th death due to Takata air bags - 22 hours 49 min ago
- CNBC - US confirms 11th death linked to faulty Takata air bag inflator - 23 hours 1 min ago
- Reuters Video - U.S. confirms 11th death linked to Takata air bag - 9 hours 19 min ago