Business News - The Last 24 HoursCzech consumer finance group seeks to ride local boom
China Daily - 27 min 59 sec ago
Home Credit Consumer Finance Co, the Czech Republic-based international consumer finance provider, will expand and add two call centers in China with more than 10,000 employees as the country is seeing a boom in consumption upgrading, said a senior executive. Petr Krumphanzl, chief operations office ...
- China Daily - Now, post-1980s consumers hold key to markets - 2 hours 27 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Cocktail Investing Ep. 5: Consumer Staples M&A, Fed-Speak And The Border Adjustment Tax - 14 hours 41 min ago
No relief for banks from costs, rates
China Daily - 27 min 59 sec ago
A bank clerk serves a client at a branch of China Construction Bank Corp in Beijing on Nov 5, 2016. CHEN YEHUA/XINHUA While short-term borrowings are dearer, interest rates haven't moved much since 2015, piling on pain China's drive to reduce financial system risks is squee ...
- BusinessInsider - Both credit risk and interest rate risk should be critical to investors - 12 hours 18 min ago
Ecofarms established to boost economy in North China's villages
China Daily - 28 min ago
A tourist picks strawberries in a greenhouse at an ecofarm in Shahe city, North China's Hebei province, Feb 19, 2017. In Shahe, 54 ecofarms has been established to boost economy in villages. [Photo/Xinhua] A tourist shows strawberries picked in a greenhouse at an ecofarm in Shah ...
- SCMP - Pots of gold in China’s gig economy - 22 hours 51 min ago
CSRC approves IPO applications of 280 firms in 2016
China Daily - 58 min ago
BEIJING - In a bid to support the real economy, China's securities watchdog approved the IPO applications of 280 companies in 2016, said a senior official on Sunday. The 248 firms which have finished the IPOs raised a total of 163 billion yuan ($23.7 billion), said Liu Shiyu, chairman of the China ...
- China Daily - Regulator vows to speed up IPOs - 4 hours 58 min ago
- CNBC - Snap founders, investors hope to cash in on IPO early, eye $1 billion in sales - 11 hours 17 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Debunking The 'Aramco IPO Valuation' Argument For Higher Oil Prices - 8 hours 47 min ago
- BusinessInsider - What the Snap IPO means for LA - 12 hours 58 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Making a Snap Judgment in This Week’s IPO Market - 13 hours 59 min ago
- CNBC Video - This trader 'wouldn't touch' the Snap IPO - 5 hours 24 min ago
China to tighten stock market supervision
China Daily - 58 min 1 sec ago
BEIJING - China will tighten supervision of stock markets to prevent systematic financial risks, said an official with the country's securities regulator on Sunday. "We will fully implement compliance risk management, standardize investment banking business and keep enriching financial products," s ...
- BusinessInsider - The Fed is worried about a key measure in the stock market (VIX) - 7 hours 9 min ago
China urges efforts to boost smart manufacturing
China Daily - 58 min 1 sec ago
SHENYANG - Chinese Vice Premier Ma Kai has urged more efforts to make the country's manufacturing industry smarter and more competitive. China has made headway in smart manufacturing development since "Made in China 2025" was unveiled, but the country still had a long way to go to reach internation ...
Central bank welcomes inclusion of China bond market into major intl indices
China Daily - 58 min 1 sec ago
BEIJING - China's central bank said Sunday it welcomes and supports the inclusion of Chinese bond market into major international indices. The statement followed earlier announcement by Bloomberg to incorporate China's bond market into two of its widely used Bloomberg Barclays fixed-income indices ...
Phone makers take aim at ailing Samsung with new handsets
Indiatimes - 2 hours 6 min ago
The company is taking its time to put out a new handset after it was forced to recall millions of its Galaxy Note 7 phones and discontinue the model in October.
- Reuters - Phonemakers pile in to exploit Samsung weakness - 7 hours 43 min ago
- CNBC - The Samsung Galaxy S8 will be launched on March 29 - 8 hours 3 min ago
- BBC - MWC 2017: Samsung unveils two new tablets but no phone - 8 hours 10 min ago
- TechCrunch - Samsung will be giving smartphones another try on March 29 - 9 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Samsung delays its new phone partially due to recall of the fire-prone Note 7 phone - 9 hours 3 min ago
- CNN Video - A first look at Samsung's new tablets - 10 hours 29 min ago
CEO Secrets: 'Why I employ autistic people'
BBC - 4 hours 13 min ago
Kurt Schoeffer, head of IT company Auticon, explains why he headhunts autistic people.
- BusinessInsider - How CEOs across America feel about Trump — and what they think he'll do to their businesses - 13 hours 33 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - CRH Medical's (CRHM) CEO Edward Wright on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - 23 hours 50 min ago
To Keep U.S. Jobs, Chip Makers Share a Factory and Pin Hopes on Trump
New York Times - 4 hours 59 min ago
Computer chips are still made in the United States, but foreign competition is looming. The industry wants President Trump to help.
- BusinessInsider - A hedge fund millionaire took a stand for his anti-Trump beliefs, and he could lose his job - 12 hours 34 min ago
Ellen DeGeneres and Walmart give these students the ultimate prize
CNN - 5 hours 2 min ago
Nyasha Biggs, 17, wasn't sure what to expect when she and the rest of her high school class were flown to Los Angeles to appear on the "Ellen DeGeneres Show."
Trump likely to backtrack on China's currency, global experts say
CNBC - 5 hours 19 min ago
Although most said they expected Trump to balk on campaign promises to label China a currency manipulator, several top experts refused to rule it out.
- Seeking Alpha - Best Currency Positions For March 2017 - 3 hours 40 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Back From Never Gone: CURRENCY WARS - 13 hours 47 min ago
- CNBC Video - Trump will force currency manipulator claims through: Strategist - 2 hours 13 min ago
Art of the Trade Deal: China-Championed Pact Faces Tricky Talks
Bloomberg - 7 hours 28 min ago
Trade negotiators are under pressure this week to make progress on a blockbuster Asia pact, after Donald Trump pulled the U.S. out of a rival Pacific agreement. But officials meeting in Japan face many sticking points and divergent views on how fast the deal can be finished.
- Indiatimes - India lobbies World Trade Organisation to ease flow of services, IT professionals - 9 hours 22 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Former Trump trade adviser: The world's foremost authority on trade could be Trump's next target - 5 hours 40 min ago
- CNBC Video - How US-China trade negotiations could proceed - 2 hours 8 min ago
Uber and Google's plans for self-driving cars may hit a speed bump at the state level
CNBC - 7 hours 35 min ago
As written, the laws restrict autonomous vehicle operation to automakers, Recode reports.
- Indiatimes - View: What Google hopes to gain by suing Uber - 22 hours 24 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Why Uber probably never will reform itself - 4 hours 54 min ago
In Global Expansion, Netflix Makes Friends With Carriers
New York Times - 8 hours 43 min ago
The online streaming service is building relationships with cable and cellphone operators worldwide in its bid to expand internationally.
Trump budget plan will not cut Social Security, Medicare: Mnuchin
Reuters - 10 hours 8 min ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's first budget proposal will spare big social welfare programs such as Social Security and Medicare from any cuts, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.
- Zero Hedge - Mnuchin Manages Expectations: "Trump Will Touch On Tax Reform" During 'State Of The Union' Address - 8 hours 48 min ago
Samsung takes a swipe at Apple iPads with a Windows tablet that comes with keyboard and stylus
CNBC - 10 hours 11 min ago
Samsung launched the Galaxy Book, a tablet with a keyboard that runs Windows, and the Tab S3, an Android flagship tablet on Sunday.
- CNBC - Huawei Watch 2 launches to take on Apple and doesn’t need to be connected to your phone - 14 hours 55 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Apple Reigns as Dow’s Best Performing Stock in 2017 - 14 hours 42 min ago
- The Guardian - Will Pirc squeeze Apple until the pips squeak? - 21 hours 27 min ago
Donald Trump budget plan will not cut Social Security, Medicare -Mnuchin
Indiatimes - 10 hours 16 min ago
The Congressional Budget Office has previously used mainly "static" scoring methods that assume very conservative economic effects of budget and taxes.
- Bloomberg - Trump's Budget Won’t Touch Entitlement Programs, Mnuchin Says - 11 hours 15 min ago
- Indiatimes - View: Donald Trump's deportation plan is economic suicide - 18 hours 26 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Trump's border tax plan could ruin your Christmas - 10 hours 28 min ago
- CNBC Video - Bond, forex markets have lost interest in Trump: Economist - 5 hours 54 min ago
Buffett's not the only one mad at hedge funds, with more investors likely to yank cash this year
CNBC - 10 hours 27 min ago
Just 3 percent said returns topped expectations while 66 percent said returns fell short.
- BusinessInsider - A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year's biggest launches - 4 hours 32 min ago
Protests in Belarus over 'social parasite tax'
Euronews - 11 hours 17 min ago
Street protests in Belarus against a new tax on part-time workers spread on Sunday from Minsk to other towns.
- Indiatimes - If GOP overhauls taxes, what popular tax breaks are at risk? - 13 hours 48 min ago
- AP - Save or splurge? Making the most of your tax refund - 13 hours 58 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's who would lose money under Trump's proposed tax plan - 11 hours 28 min ago
- Morningstar - Your 2017 Tax Fact Sheet and Calendar - 17 hours 28 min ago
- LA Times - Developers of affordable housing in California are on pins and needles over Trump's tax plan - 20 hours 23 min ago
3 ways to invest like Warren Buffett as detailed in his annual shareholder letter
CNBC - 12 hours 23 min ago
You don’t have to be a stock-picking whiz to benefit from the Oracle of Omaha's investing strategies.
- BBC - Warren Buffett upbeat on US business growth - 17 hours 5 min ago
- Indiatimes - Warren Buffett says immigrants help `miraculous' story of America - 23 hours 25 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Some Investment Advice From Warren Buffett: Invest In Low-Cost Index Funds. It's Advice Ignored By The 'Elites' - 3 hours 12 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Warren Buffett hung newspapers from 7 market catastrophes on an office wall to remind him 'anything can happen' - 14 hours 28 min ago
Popularity of Sony’s PlayStation VR Surprises Even the Company
New York Times - 13 hours 27 min ago
Executives at Sony were cautious about the virtual reality headsets, but after four months of robust sales, the skeptics are converting.
- LA Times - Sony exec: 'Fake news' will give Asghar Farhadi the Oscar - 3 hours 28 min ago
- TechCrunch - Sony surpasses expectations, selling 915,000 PlayStation VR headsets in first four months - 8 hours 27 min ago
Kyrgyzstan opposition politician arrested on corruption charges
Euronews - 14 hours 2 min ago
Omurbek Tekebayev, who had been touted as a contender for the upcoming presidential elections, is accused of taking $1 million in bribes.
Google's digital assistant comes to new Android phones
Indiatimes - 15 hours 42 sec ago
The Google Assistant was limited to the technology company's own products when it was released last fall, but it has steadily been expanding to a broader range of devices.
- CNBC - Google's digital assistant comes to new Android phones - 15 hours 2 min ago
- BBC - Google brings Assistant to Android phones - 15 hours 41 min ago
- Reuters - Google's digital assistant comes to new Android phones - 16 hours 20 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Tech Update: AMD, Inovalon, MobileIron, Nokia, Google, Amazon - 6 hours 44 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Amazon just recruited Motorola for its war with Google over the future of computing (AMZN, GOOG) - 9 hours 12 min ago
- TechCrunch - Listen to Andy Hertzfeld on Steve Jobs movie, General Magic, and his time at Google - 9 hours 48 min ago
- 24/7 Wall St. - Google Assistant Moves To Wide Range Of Android Phones - 15 hours 7 min ago
Snapchat IPO; Trump Tuesday; Mobile World Congress
CNN - 15 hours 28 min ago
1. Snapchat IPO: Snap Inc., the parent company of Snapchat, is expected the reveal its initial public offering price after the market closes on Wednesday. While it's one of the most highly anticipated companies to hit the stock market in a while, analysts attending Snap's IPO road show have expresse ...
- BusinessInsider - The complete bearish case against investing in Snapchat's massive IPO - 5 hours 58 min ago
Deutsche Bank board member says staff not quitting over bonus cuts-paper
Reuters - 15 hours 58 min ago
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Bonus cuts at German flagship lender Deutsche Bank , announced in January, have so far not led to a mass exodus of employees, one of its board members told a German weekly newspaper.
Euro zone economy: real recovery or another Sirens' song?
Reuters - 16 hours 16 min ago
LONDON (Reuters) - Over the years, euro zone economic growth has been a bit like the Sirens in Homer's Odyssey: singing a song of promise, only to end up pulling you onto the rocks. Will it be different this time?
- Indiatimes - Euro zone economy: Real recovery or another Sirens' song? - 19 hours 12 min ago
- Zero Hedge - The European Debt Bomb Fuse Is Lit! Target2 Imbalances Hit Crisis Levels - 8 hours 13 min ago
HSBC discloses tax evasion probes in India, other countries
Indiatimes - 19 hours 27 min ago
Giving case-wise details, it further said the Indian tax authorities in February 2015 had issued a summons and request for information to an HSBC company in India.