Business News - The Last 24 HoursAirbnb agrees to drop New York City lawsuit over fines
CNBC - 42 min 39 sec ago
The lawsuit pushed back against a call for fines of up to $7,500 for illegally listing properties on rental platforms, The New York Times reports.
- New York Times - Airbnb Ends Fight With New York City Over Fines - 14 hours 2 sec ago
- Reuters - Airbnb, New York City settle rental law lawsuit - 16 hours 9 min ago
Nitish Kumar plays demonetisation by ear
Indiatimes - 54 min 8 sec ago
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav too, although without any insistence from Nitish, did not join Mamata Banerjee’s Lucknow rally.
- Indiatimes - Lok Sabha may witness debate on demonetisation on Monday - 3 hours 37 min ago
Fed Policy Maker Urges Continued Work to End ‘Too Big to Fail’
New York Times - 2 hours 51 min ago
Remarks on Saturday by the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York appeared to respond to President-elect Donald J. Trump’s promise to roll back Wall Street regulations.
- Reuters - Fed official stands by Wall Street reforms, says must complete work - 5 hours 3 min ago
- BusinessInsider - The Fed confirmed some of the most troubling trends in Manhattan real estate - 4 hours 7 min ago
Interest, tax rates to go down post demonetisation: Arjun Ram Meghwal
Indiatimes - 3 hours 9 min ago
The minister was speaking at a conference of Laghu Udhyog Bharti, in which industrialists of Jammu region participated to discuss issue of GST regime
- Indiatimes - There may be 50 per cent reduction in tax collection: Manish Sisodia - 3 hours 44 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Here's how you could boost your tax refund before the year ends - 14 hours 57 min ago
- Zacks - Itau Unibanco (ITUB) Faces Tax Probe from Brazilian Police - 21 hours 26 min ago
Sarah Palin calls out Trump's Carrier deal, warns against 'Crony Capitalism'
CNBC - 4 hours 16 min ago
The former GOP vice presidential nominee called the Carrier deal an example of "crony capitalism," NBC reports.
- CNN - Trump didn't save as many Carrier jobs as he claimed - 20 hours 30 min ago
- Zero Hedge - In Defense Of Trump's Deal With Carrier - 19 hours 8 min ago
- BusinessInsider - 'Republicans oppose this, remember?': Sarah Palin slams Trump for 'crony capitalism' Carrier deal - 20 hours 17 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Donald Trump's Carrier Deal Highlights Potential Double Standard on Ex-Im Bank - 21 hours 26 min ago
Federal official stands by Wall Street reforms, says must complete work
Indiatimes - 4 hours 35 min ago
Daniel Tarullo, also warned against "backsliding" after years of implementing the landmark 2010 Dodd-Frank financial-reform law.
Farhad’s and Mike’s Week in Tech: More Debate Over Facebook’s Role in Media
New York Times - 5 hours 8 min ago
Questions continue to swirl over Facebook’s handling of fake news stories and a tool it created that could potentially be used to censor content in China.
- BusinessInsider - Here's why Facebook should buy Twitter - 4 hours 3 min ago
- TechCrunch - Facebook invests $20M to catalyze affordable housing development in Menlo Park - 23 hours 39 min ago
Aixtron, Fujian to explore what is left of deal after U.S. veto
Reuters - 5 hours 20 min ago
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron will explore with its Chinese suitor what can be salvaged of the planned takeover after a U.S. presidential order ruled the deal posed a national security risk, the company said on Saturday.
- China Daily - Obama blocks Chinese company's takeover of Aixtron's US business - 11 hours 8 min ago
- CNBC - Obama bars China's Fujian from buying Aixtron's US business - 21 hours 5 min ago
Resources needed for manufacturing upgrades
China Daily - 7 hours 8 min ago
More resources will be devoted to developing core industrial components and materials as China upgrades its sprawling manufacturing industry, a new investment guideline said on Friday. The move is part of the country's broad efforts to help enterprises accelerate technology upgrades. The guideli ...
China becomes Fiji's biggest source of FDI: Trade minister
China Daily - 7 hours 8 min ago
SUVA - Forty-five percent of all projects registered with Fiji's investment authorities for the first six months of the year 2016 are from China, Fijian Trade Minister Faiyaz Koya said Saturday. Moreover, most of the projects implemented in Fiji over the last two years are from China, Koya said at ...
- China Daily - Foreign enterprises in China adopt positive attitude toward China's economy - 11 hours 8 min ago
WTO seeks trade deal on 'green' products
Indiatimes - 8 hours 3 min ago
The green products include solar panels, wind turbines and air quality monitors "that can help achieve environmental and climate protection goals," the World Trade Organization said.
Renzi makes final appeal to Italians ahead of referendum
CNBC - 8 hours 12 min ago
Renzi made a final appeal to Italians on Friday to support a crucial referendum to change the constitution.
- Seeking Alpha - Italian Constitutional Referendum Will Weigh On Markets - 14 hours 1 min ago
NDRC to collaborate with Alibaba to build credit system
China Daily - 11 hours 8 min ago
Visitor walks at the headquarters of Alibaba Group in Hangzhou city, East China's Zhejiang province, Sept 21, 2014. [Photo/IC] China's National Development and Reform Commission joins hands with e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd in building a credit system to better re ...
- China Daily - Alibaba restructures e-commerce business to get ready for 'new retail' - 11 hours 8 min ago
IE Singapore signs tripartite deal to help Singapore companies' entry into China
China Daily - 11 hours 8 min ago
SINGAPORE - International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, CapitaLand and China's leading co-working space operator, UrWork, signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Friday to facilitate Singapore companies' entry into China amid a growing trend of the sharing economy. This first-of-its-kind tripartite pa ...
- Indiatimes - Singapore slaps penalties on StanChart, Coutts in 1MDB-related probe - 23 hours 48 min ago
OPEC drives Saudi supply cuts
China Daily - 11 hours 8 min ago
The effect of OPEC's deal to reduce crude output starting next month is already being felt in Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil market. OPEC's biggest producer - Saudi Arabia is also the world's biggest crude exporter - is planning to curb the additional crude it offers to Asia customers on top ...
- Seeking Alpha - How To Invest In Response To OPEC Oil Production Cuts - 8 hours 4 min ago
- Zacks - US Shale Players to Outpace OPEC: 5 Stocks to Watch - 21 hours 32 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Saudi Economy Drove OPEC Deal-Energy Journal - 23 hours 38 min ago
Delhi-NCR becoming less attractive for job seekers due to pollution
Indiatimes - 13 hours 31 min ago
Companies in Delhi have witnessed refusals from potential candidates because they do not wish to work in the Delhi-NCR due to higher levels of pollution.
- Indiatimes - SC approves Pollution Code for Delhi-NCR with provision for odd-even scheme - 14 hours 32 min ago
Walmart agrees to $7.5 million settlement in same-sex discrimination suit
CNN - 18 hours 44 min ago
Walmart has agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle a suit that alleged the chain discriminated against gay employees.
- Reuters - Wal-Mart to settle U.S. lawsuit over benefits for same-sex spouses - 20 hours 31 min ago
- New York Times - Walmart Settles Discrimination Suit Over Benefits for Same-Sex Spouses - 22 hours 12 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Walmart’s new gas-and-grocery hybrids could become a major threat to Amazon and Kroger (WMT) - 21 hours 5 min ago
Silicon Valley Chiefs Notably Absent From Trump’s Cabinet of Business Advisers
New York Times - 19 hours 47 min ago
The President’s Strategic and Policy Forum is a bipartisan mix of business executives drawn from the worlds of finance, media and manufacturing.
- Indiatimes - The "Two Trumps" surface in president-elect's transition - 20 hours 48 min ago
- CNBC - Blackstone's Schwarzman says Trump disconnecting from businesses could take a while, as it's 'unnatural' for him - 23 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Democratic senator says Trump's 'major pivots in foreign policy' are 'how wars start' - 20 hours 56 min ago
American Airlines flight attendants want new uniforms recalled
CNN - 19 hours 59 min ago
American Airlines' flight attendants union called on the airline Friday to recall its new uniforms claiming the garments are to blame for a string of health problems including headaches, rashes and respiratory problems.
- BusinessInsider - Why airlines ask you to raise the window shades for takeoffs and landings - 7 hours 38 min ago
Deutsche Bank to pay $60 million to settle US gold price-fixing case
CNBC - 21 hours 13 min ago
Deutsche Bank is accused of conspiring to manipulate gold prices and will pay $60 million to settle litigation.
- Reuters - Deutsche Bank to pay $60 million to settle U.S. gold price-fixing case - 21 hours 54 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Deutsche Bank Pays $60 Million To Settle Gold-Manipulation Lawsuit - 4 hours 10 min ago
OPEC deal sends oil spiking 14% in 3 days
CNN - 21 hours 59 min ago
Don't blink. You might miss another jump in oil prices.
- The Guardian - Opec doesn’t hold all the cards, even after its oil price deal - 3 hours 38 min ago
CEO Says Ford Still Moving Small-Car Output to Mexico
Wall Street Journal - 22 hours 12 min ago
Ford Motor will shift small-car production to Mexico despite repeated criticism from President-elect Donald Trump and a pledge from the incoming American leader that companies will face “consequences” for leaving the U.S.
- CNBC - 13 inspiring quotes on leadership and success from Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz - 22 hours 32 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Howard Schultz Stepping Down As CEO: What It Means For The Future Of Coffee - 13 hours 57 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - What Your CEO Is Reading: Bitcoin or Bust in Venezuela; Lessons from H-P; Tracking iPhone Hackers - 16 hours 13 min ago
- BusinessInsider - $2 billion startup Zenefits CEO David Sacks could step down, less than a year after taking over - 18 hours 41 min ago
- Reuters Video - Starbucks' CEO transition unlikely to disrupt growth - 23 hours 36 min ago
Weiss: Here's your hedge fund investment setup for the week ahead
CNBC - 22 hours 35 min ago
Stephen Weiss reviews the main factors driving stocks and how investors should be positioned for next week.
- BusinessInsider - A small hedge fund manager threw shade at Tesla's Elon Musk at a private conference and said the stock was going to zero (TSLA) - 5 hours 28 min ago
Hackers steal 2 billion rubles at Russia's central bank
CNN - 22 hours 57 min ago
Hackers have stolen 2 billion rubles -- equivalent to $31 million -- from accounts that banks keep at Russia's central bank.
- Seeking Alpha - Every Central Bank Wants A Weaker U.S. Dollar - 19 hours 18 min ago
Here's how much interns will make at companies like Facebook and Google in 2017
CNBC - 22 hours 58 min ago
Some companies are paying interns more than $8,000 a month.
United Airlines will pay $2.4 million to settle with SEC
AP - 23 hours 8 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The parent company of United Airlines will pay $2.4 million to settle civil charges by securities regulators over flights that were started to help an official who oversaw one of the airline's hub airports....
- Reuters - United to pay $2.4 million over 'Chairman's Flight': U.S. SEC - 23 hours 12 min ago
Here's why you should care about the Italian referendum
CNBC - 23 hours 28 min ago
The Italian political system is a mess and one of the main reasons the economy is weak.
The top 10 investment ideas for 2017: UBS
CNBC - 23 hours 45 min ago
These investment ideas will help your money grow no matter what the political environment, says UBS's Mark Haefele.