Business News - The Last 24 HoursBusinesses can unlock $12 trillion via key development goals-Davos study
Indiatimes - 1 hour 16 min ago
The study said businesses have a key role to play in achieving the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) to end poverty and protect the planet.
- Reuters - Businesses can unlock $12 trillion via key development goals: Davos study - 5 hours 50 min ago
- China Daily - Bone-chilling winter from Berlin to Davos causes energy scramble - 7 hours 54 min ago
- BBC - Defeat of Davos - 10 hours 43 min ago
- New York Times - The Week Ahead: Davos to Commence as Investment Bank Earnings Are Released - 11 hours 29 min ago
- Bloomberg - How the Davos Pundits Got It Wrong: President Clinton, Anyone? - 11 hours 55 min ago
- CNN - Davos marks the emergence of a confident, strong China - 23 hours 10 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Davos Elite "Struggle For Answers", Cower in "Silent Fear" While Eating $40 Hot Dogs - 8 hours 6 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Davos elites suffering acute anxiety over the dawning of the Trump era - 14 hours 27 min ago
- CNN Video - People to Davos: Get out of your bubble - 13 hours 19 min ago
Xi, Unlikely Champion for Business Elites, Takes Davos Spotlight
Bloomberg - 1 hour 52 min ago
When Xi Jinping addresses business elites at Davos, the Chinese president will find himself an unlikely champion of the trade-based global order Donald Trump has derided. His new role could prove to be one of his biggest tests.
- CNBC - How Trump's Obamacare repeal plans may create business headaches for the other Kushner - 14 hours 46 min ago
- Naked Capitalism - Bill Black: Trump Far More Interested in Business Deals than the Business of the Nation - 1 hour 59 min ago
Indiatimes - 2 hours 7 min ago
News Directors: Donald Trump will take the oath of office as the 45th president of the United States at noon on Jan. 20, 2017. This advisory will be updated if additional stories are added to AP's coverage plans. Questions? Contact U.S.
- Indiatimes - Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue to break apart - 11 hours 17 min ago
- Reuters - Sterling skids on Brexit worry; investors await Trump clarity - 11 hours 53 min ago
- CNN - Trump inauguration; Time for Davos; Wilbur Ross confirmation - 21 hours 52 min ago
- LA Times - Essential Politics: Donald Trump becomes president this week - 2 hours 50 min ago
- FT Alphaville - FirstFT: Trump slams the EU, Germany v fake news, Luxottica/Essilor merger - 4 hours 29 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Professors Pledge To "Use Regular Class Time" To Protest Trump - 13 hours 10 min ago
- BusinessInsider - 'Deeply disappointing — I hope he reconsiders': Top Republicans upset about John Lewis questioning Trump's legitimacy - 16 hours 34 min ago
- CNBC Video - What will a Trump administration mean for Russia? - 4 hours 34 min ago
Luxottica and Essilor Agree to Merge to Create Eyewear Giant
New York Times - 2 hours 18 min ago
The $49 billion deal would combine Luxottica, the Italian maker of Ray-Ban, Oakley and other eyeglass brands, with Essilor, a French maker of lenses.
- BBC - Ray-Ban maker Luxottica agrees €46bn merger with Essilor - 4 hours 6 min ago
- CNBC - Luxottica, Essilor in 45-billion euro merger deal to create eyewear giant: Source - 10 hours 8 min ago
- Reuters - Luxottica and Essilor to merge in $53 billion deal: FT - 11 hours 2 min ago
- Fox Business - Luxottica and Essilor Create Eyewear Giant in $49B Deal - 1 hour 50 min ago
- CNBC Video - Opportunity for synergy between Luxottica and Essilor: Pro - 2 hours 4 min ago
Singapore central bank chief: City-state’s property market stabilizing
CNBC - 2 hours 25 min ago
Singapore’s once-bubbly property market has been stabilizing after a slew of cooling measures, the central bank chief said.
- China Daily - Renminbi steadier as central bank's remedies take hold - 9 hours 25 min ago
- CNBC - Russian central bank sees inflation a bigger risk than Donald Trump - 9 hours 26 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Press releases you hope you never have to issue, Indian central bank independence edition - 1 hour 23 min ago
RBI has no data on scams in co-op banks post demonetisation: RTI
Indiatimes - 2 hours 39 min ago
Prominent RTI activist Anil Galgali had sought information under the RTI on the extent of irregularities committed by state cooperative banks between November 8 and December 10.
- Indiatimes - Economy has not been impacted much by demonetisation - 15 hours 55 min ago
Burberry's CEO designate to join firm this month
Reuters - 3 hours 30 min ago
LONDON (Reuters) - British luxury brand Burberry said on Monday its incoming chief executive Marco Gobbetti will initially join the company on Jan. 27 as executive chairman, Asia Pacific and Middle East, before joining the board and taking the top job on July 5.
- FT Alphaville - Let he who has increased wages in line with their CEO’s salary cast the first BlackRock - 2 hours 37 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Ford's CEO reveals his plan for the company's biggest transformation in history (F) - 11 hours 7 min ago
- LA Times - Lockheed Martin CEO tells Trump the cost of F-35 will be 'significantly' lower - 19 hours 55 min ago
Samsung Group says does not accept bribery accusations
Indiatimes - 3 hours 34 min ago
"It is difficult to understand the special prosecution's decision," Samsung Group said in an email statement in response to the special prosecutors' decision to request an arrest warrant for Lee.
- Euronews - South Korea: arrest warrant sought for Samsung's de facto chief - 4 hours 13 min ago
- Indiatimes - Prosecutors request arrest of Samsung heir, bribery suspect - 4 hours 34 min ago
- AP - Prosecutors request arrest of Samsung heir, bribery suspect - 5 hours 25 min ago
- CNN - South Korean prosecutors seek to arrest Samsung heir - 5 hours 40 min ago
- CNBC - South Korea prosecutor to seek arrest warrant for Samsung Group leader - 5 hours 48 min ago
- Reuters - Samsung Electronics probe finds battery was main cause of Note 7 fires: source - 9 hours 21 min ago
- TechCrunch - Alibaba teams up with Samsung, Louis Vuitton and other brands to fight counterfeit goods - 1 hour 8 min ago
- Fox Business - Rpt: Samsung Probe Finds Battery Was Main Cause of Note 7 Fires - 1 hour 35 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Samsung will announce on January 23 what caused Galaxy Note 7 phones to explode - 2 hours 50 min ago
- Time Business - South Korean Prosecutors Are Seeking the Arrest of Samsung’s Heir as a Bribery Suspect - 5 hours 30 min ago
- LA Times - Arrest warrant issued for head of Samsung Electronics in South Korean political scandal - 5 hours 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - What We Learned About Micron Technology From Main Competitor Samsung Electronics - 7 hours 26 min ago
- WSJ Video - Samsung Heir Lee Jae-yong’s Potential Arrest: Explained - 2 hours 52 min ago
- Reuters Video - Threat of arrest looms over Samsung boss - 16 hours 33 min ago
Live: Sterling gets a pounding ahead of Theresa May's key Brexit speech
CNBC - 5 hours 19 min ago
Our live blog is tracking reactions as investors predict May will announce plans to fully break away from the EU's common market.
- BBC - Davos 2017: Trump, China and Brexit set to dominate - 10 hours 43 min ago
- Euronews - Brexit talks: "recipe for a trade war with Europe" - Corbyn - 11 hours 53 min ago
- CNBC - Britain's May to call for national unity in major Brexit speech - 12 hours 9 min ago
- New York Times - British Firms Await Brexit Plans, Poised to Relocate - 16 hours 58 min ago
- Fox Business - Global shares mostly lower amid worries over Brexit, Italy - 2 hours 22 min ago
- The Guardian - EU's £300m 'Space Egg', where UK's Brexit fate is likely to be sealed - 2 hours 30 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Brexit Breaking Bad - 4 hours 27 min ago
- SCMP - Proceed with caution: Resilience of financial markets to Brexit, Trump shocks may not last - 4 hours 50 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Trump says Brexit to be 'a great thing', wants very substantial cut in nuclear weapons - 11 hours 51 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Cable Plunges To October Flash-Crash Lows After May's "Clean & Hard Brexit" Headlines - 16 hours 38 min ago
- CNBC Video - Expect a softer Brexit than markets are fearing: Researcher - 2 hours 4 min ago
IMF raises China growth forecast but warns on debt
Indiatimes - 5 hours 24 min ago
The world's second-largest economy should expand by 6.5 percent this year, the IMF said in a report. That is up by 0.3 percentage points from the agency's last forecast in October.
JPMorgan looks for big payoff from lead in deposit race
Reuters - 5 hours 44 min ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Over the past five years, stock analysts have challenged JPMorgan Chase & Co executives for keeping so many branches open as customers did more and more banking online.
It’s Merkel vs. Facebook as Germany Heads Into Election Year
Bloomberg - 5 hours 55 min ago
While celebrating the 2013 election victory that gave her a third term as German chancellor, Angela Merkel reached over a colleague’s shoulder and removed a German flag from his hand. A video of that small gesture, meant to declutter an image she knew would soon rocket around the globe, went viral ...
- Euronews - Facebook to clamp down on "fake news" in Germany - 6 hours 27 min ago
- BBC - Facebook to roll out fake news tools in Germany - 14 hours 55 min ago
- CNN - Facebook to begin warning users of fake news before German election - 21 hours 36 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Benefit From The Uptrend In Facebook - 12 hours 13 min ago
- Wall Street Pit - Facebook Is Building A Team Who Can Make Mind-Reading A Reality (FB) - 18 hours 55 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Facebook will test 'fake news' filtering in Germany (FB) - 19 hours 49 min ago
India will remain one of the fastest growing major economies in 2017: ICRA
Indiatimes - 6 hours 19 min ago
Moody's also believes that the government will likely achieve its fiscal deficit target of 3.5% of GDP for the current fiscal year ending 31 March 2017.
- BBC - Will 'masala' bonds spice up the Indian economy? - 10 hours 9 min ago
Oil prices edge up on weaker dollar, expected crude output cuts
Reuters - 6 hours 34 min ago
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Oil prices inched up on Monday, supported by a weaker dollar and expectations that OPEC and other producers will cut output as part of a deal to curb global oversupply.
- Reuters - Oil prices will be much more volatile in 2017: IEA - 20 hours 32 min ago
- Fox Business - Oil Prices Slip on Doubts Over Output Cuts - 59 min 14 sec ago
UPDATE 1- Golf-Thomas romps to Sony Open victory in record style
Indiatimes - 6 hours 43 min ago
GOLF-PGA/ (UPDATE 1):UPDATE 1- Golf-Thomas romps to Sony Open victory in record style
- Indiatimes - Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Sony Open scores - 7 hours 13 min ago
- LA Times - Justin Thomas finishes off Sony Open win in record-setting fashion - 7 hours 35 min ago
Trump to use personal Twitter account, not @POTUS: Times of London
CNBC - 6 hours 54 min ago
Trump will use his personal Twitter account instead of the official handle reserved for the head of state, The Times of London reported.
- Indiatimes - The Latest: Trump lashes out at Brennan on Twitter - 9 hours 7 min ago
- New York Times - Critic's Notebook: Trump, Twitter and the Art of His Deal - 14 hours 27 min ago
- WSJ Blogs - Tech Diplomacy? Taiwan's President Tours Twitter - 15 hours 49 min ago
CSRC seen mulling easier rules on stock futures trading
China Daily - 7 hours 54 min ago
China's securities regulator is reportedly considering relaxing the restrictions on the trading of stock index futures. Any such move would underscore its intention to gradually restore the market function that has almost come to a halt since the market rout in 2015. Relaxation measures will likely ...
- China Daily - Reforms stabilize stock markets - 7 hours 54 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Why The Stock Market Has Soared (And We'll All Soon Know What It's Like To Be A Madoff Client) - 9 hours 10 min ago
- SCMP - Hong Kong stocks set to open lower on uncertainty over UK pound - 9 hours 45 min ago
- Fox Business - 3 Things to Watch in the Stock Market This Week - 17 hours 55 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - A Wide-Angle View Of The U.S. Stock Market - 19 hours 46 min ago
Digital economy invents new jobs
China Daily - 7 hours 54 min ago
University student Nan Xun stands in the rain to broadcast a wrestling event in Henan province using her mobile phone in October. ZI JUN / FOR CHINA DAILY Careers that did not exist until a few years ago now employ millions Gong Xiaopei, 21, looks a lot like a flight attendan ...
- China Daily - Digital economy to create 400m jobs in China: Report - 7 hours 54 min ago
US Chamber of Commerce to Trump: Why we need global trade
CNBC - 8 hours 14 sec ago
Washington needs to trade with foreign markets if it wants to boost domestic growth, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has warned.
- Indiatimes - Donald Trump says Brexit to be "a great thing", wants quick trade deal with UK - 8 hours 44 min ago
- CNBC - Will Trump’s assault on Chinese currency trigger a full-blown trade war? - 10 hours 14 min ago
- Bloomberg - Trump Nominees Give Vietnam’s Premier Hope of Trade Pact Support - 13 hours 55 min ago
- The Guardian - Trump wants a UK-US trade deal 'signature ready' for Brexit in 2019, says Gove - Politics live - 1 hour 59 min ago
- CNBC Video - Biggest Trump risk to Thailand is trade: Vice finmin - 7 hours 12 min ago
Trump promises 'insurance for everybody' in Obamacare replacement plan: Washington Post
CNBC - 8 hours 30 min ago
Trump also pledged to force pharmaceutical companies to directly negotiate drug prices with the government, The Washington Post reports.
- Bloomberg - Senator Paul Drafting Health-Care Measure to Replace Obamacare - 16 hours 23 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Travis Kelce worked as a telemarketer surveying people on Obamacare for $8 an hour before becoming a football star - 8 hours 45 min ago
- Fox Business - Trumpcare, Not Obamacare, Could Be a Job Killer - 18 hours 14 min ago
Govt may set threshold for probe into deposits to prevent harassment of taxpayers
Indiatimes - 8 hours 33 min ago
Tax authorities suspect that cash deposits amounting to as much as Rs 4 lakh crore may be unaccounted wealth that found its way into the banking system.
- Indiatimes - Rise in take-home pay and lower corporate tax rate to cheer companies on cards - 9 hours 50 min ago
- New York Times - Tax Refund Loans Are Revamped and Resurrected - 14 hours 17 min ago
- AP - What you need to know now about the upcoming tax season - 20 hours 25 min ago
- Zacks - Is Franklin High Yield Tax-Free Inc A Fund (FRHIX) Worth Another Look? - 1 hour 13 min ago
- FT Alphaville - Pricing in a Trump border tax - 2 hours 48 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - Will India's Import Tax Cut Prove Detrimental For Gold? - 3 hours 16 min ago
- BusinessInsider - An anonymous buyer purchased this $86 million mansion and will reportedly pay no tax on it - 19 hours 53 min ago
S Korea corruption: Court to decide on Samsung chief arrest
BBC - 9 hours 12 min ago
Samsung chief Lee Jae-yong is already a suspect in South Korea's presidential corruption scandal.
- The Guardian - Samsung boss faces arrest as South Korea corruption scandal grows - 4 hours 36 min ago
Trump threatens BMW with border tax on cars built in Mexico
CNBC - 11 hours 47 min ago
President-elect Trump has warned that the U.S. will impose a border tax on cars that BMW makes in Mexico for U.S. export.
- Reuters - Trump threatens BMW with border tax on cars built in Mexico - 12 hours 39 min ago
Services trade to top India's agenda during WTO Chief's February visit
Indiatimes - 16 hours 14 min ago
Azevedo, the director general of the WTO, is likely to meet commerce and Industry minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 9.
Outgoing CIA chief rips into Trump over tweets, Russia
Indiatimes - 17 hours 45 min ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Outgoing CIA Director John Brennan ripped into Donald Trump on Sunday for "talking and tweeting" about possibly easing sanctions against Russia, saying the president-elect lacks a full understanding of the threat Moscow poses to the United States.
- Indiatimes - Brennan rips into Trump over tweets, Russia - 17 hours 57 min ago
- Zero Hedge - Trump Tweets "Car Companies Have To Start Making Things Here Again" - 19 hours 32 min ago
Don't be flippant about Indian symbols, icons: Shaktikanta Das to Amazon
Indiatimes - 20 hours 12 min ago
Some Twitter users have tagged Swaraj in their tweets complaining that the beach sandals with Gandhi's image were being sold on the Amazon US site.
- BBC - Gandhi flip flops sold on Amazon cause anger in India - 22 hours 19 min ago
- Seeking Alpha - How Amazon's Jeff Bezos Outsmarted Donald Trump - 1 hour 7 min ago
- BusinessInsider - Amazon just upgraded its no-fee credit card to offer 5% back on all Amazon purchases — but there's a catch - 17 hours 25 min ago
Beijing to be hit by new bout of pollution
Indiatimes - 20 hours 45 min ago
According to the municipal environmental protection bureau, Beijing will see mild pollution, with the main pollutant being PM 2.5, Sunday. The Air Quality Index is expected to reach between 125 and 145. Pollution will become severe on Monday and hit medium levels on Tuesday.